Welcome to Hot Power Yoga
If you’re new to yoga, what we do is probably different to what you’re expecting…
• It isn’t slow and sleepy. Hot Power Yoga is a modern, athletic and flowing style (power vinyasa actually) that works for modern people with modern lifestyles.
• It’s for boys as well as girls - both find it challenging, toning and stress-relieving
• You don’t have to be flexible, but you’ll find it improves your flexibility and helps release tension
• You don’t have to be strong, but with regular practice you’ll gain strength throughout your body, not just the bits you work on in the gym!
• You’ll sweat – sweating carries toxins out of your body and the heat means you can get deeper into your stretches sooner and more safely. Our venues are heated to around 25°C so it’s like a warm sunny day in England, not India
• Genuine weight loss – with some hot yoga most of the weight you’ll lose is in water. Our temperature is cooler so you can work harder, meaning you burn off calories, not just fluid
• Manage stress – stress and anxiety = shallow breathing = more stress and anxiety.
We’ll help you rediscover the full extent of your lungs and show you just how revolutionary deep breathing can be for your physical and emotional wellbeing, particularly your stress and anxiety levels
• Perform better in other sports - you’ll find you improve muscle flexibility and strength all over your body, as well as increasing your breathing capacity and regulation… which means you can go harder and stronger for longer, whatever you do ; )
• Life’s too serious. We’re not – we like you to have fun and let go. Our classes are a place you can leave your mental stresses, tight muscles and anything fake behind
• Variety – our teachers don’t teach from a script and are encouraged to be as individual as you are. Whilst our classes follow a certain familiar structure, the teacher has the freedom to change poses, which keeps things more interesting for you
• Everyone starts knowing nothing – yoga virgins are welcome and we have a specific Beginners Workshop and Classes.