Beginners Yoga Workshop
With HPY Founder, Dylan Ayaloo
18th November 1.30 - 4.00pm, Cove Studio, 9 Park Hill, Clapham SW4 9NS
Yoga is an ongoing journey with lots to become familiar with: new words, new movements, understanding what foot goes where and which arm to wrap around what.
With benefits ranging from stress relief to increased full-body flexibility and strength, taking the time to go deeper than you can in a normal class is well worth the effort.
Whether you're a total newbie or have months of practice under your belt, we'll give you the essential tips to transform your practice and take you to the next level.
Our Beginners Yoga Workshop will help you gain confidence in class and reap the benefits in your body and mind.
The format is entirely different to a class.
You’ll learn how to:
- Make the yoga postures work for you no matter what your body shape or size
- Practice safely so areas such as your lower spine and knees are protected
- Find ways to practice free of any pain - wrist, shoulders, knee or back pain is common. We'll help you find a way to practice that works for you and even heals your body
- Find good alignment in poses so that you gain maximum benefit
- Use blocks to support yourself
- Find your focus and calm your mind
- Interactive setting - get more individual attention and feedback
- Key principles which you can apply to any yoga pose in class
- Posture clinic - break down postures and receive hands-on adjustments
- Q&A session - ask questions about specific issues you're dealing with
- Meet other beginners
- Beginners of any style of yoga
- People who are new to Hot Power Yoga and want to learn the basic principles in a slower-paced, more interactive setting
- People with several months of class experience who want to step back and refresh on the fundamental principles of yoga postures and practice
- More experienced yogis who want to have any misalignments or bad habits identified
What participants say:
"The Beginners workshop was brilliant. For the first time in 20 years of dabbling in Yoga I feel as though I finally understand what works for my body. Dylan was a superb teacher. He was so friendly it was like a breath of fresh air! He has a lovely engaging sense of humour. In the past I have often been completely intimidated by yoga teachers. I was left wanting to continue learning." - Susan P
"I feel much more confident in the poses" - EC
"Amazing. Will definitely be back!" - Roz
Book your Beginners Workshop*
18th November 1.30 - 4.00pm
Cove at Plough Studios, 9 Park Hill, SW4 9NS
Please arrive 10 minutes early for your first visit.
*Serious Stuff:• No refunds. A workshop booking can be transferred to another Workshop provided 48 hours notice is given and the Workshop is within 6 months of purchase.
• Non-transferrable to other HPY products or customers
N.B. The workshop will take place at room temperature and will include a short warm-up practice.